Friday, December 24, 2010
HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO YOU AND YOURS THIS HOLIDAY SEASON FROM TALKSTILLCHEAP.COM
Today is Christmas Eve and the Holiday Season is truly among us, all the way up until the New Year. Let us remember the reason for the season. Regardless of your Religious background or what time of the year it is, the SPIRIT of GIVING is one that should be experienced and embraced. Being thoughtful and encouraging towards others is not only a gift to the receiving party, but also to the giving. A warm and happy heart is contagious, just like a SMILE!! So ask not "What will I receive this Year?", but "How can I gift myself, by being thoughtful towards others?". Trust me, the $1 card & envelope covered with words that let your loved ones know that you are thinking of them, thankful for them, and praying for their success, is a gift that is cherished and used far more than you could imagine. The Holidays are not about how much money you can spend, TRUE LOVE & FRIENDSHIP is a gift that can not be faked and once experienced touches you deep to the core of your soul! :)
So if there is someone on your list that you forgot at the last minute or you are simply out of $$ (or never had any to begin with), here are a few thoughtful, easy, and HOMEMADE ideas for Gifts this season!
1. Print out a picture of you and your favorite Loved one or favorite Memory
and write a thoughtful message on back or front with a Holiday color
2. Homemade Holiday Card
3. Make a coupon for free time/assistance for a relative (Holiday Cleanup Perhaps)
4. Pick up the phone & call without asking for "favor" or something in return, just convo!
5. Make a coupon for free dinner (several establishments are offering 2 for 1 meals, 2 for $14, 2 for $20, ect.) , both of you eat and spend some quality time together
6. Volunteer at your local Soup Kitchen, and offer to give a ride to anyone who wants to join (they save gas, and you both WIN by giving back)
7. Have a small intimate party, (red box new release $1, box of rice krispies $2.50, marshmallows $1, bag of wings $6, LAUGHS, SMILES, FACEBOOK PICTURES, MEMORIES = PRICELESS)
HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!! Share some of your gift ideas, favorite memories, holiday pictures, warm wishes, etc. Here in a COMMENT!!!
P.S. I'm doing #7 on this list TONIGHT!! CAN'T WAIT :)