Monday, February 1, 2010
1st of the MONTH: Dont Spend your tax REFUND on stupid S*it!
Its the first of the MONTH, & you know what that means. A CHANCE TO START ANEW!! This month's focus, FINANCES. I meant to do this post earlier last month. Oh well, if you're still like me, you may be waiting on a w-2. Here are a few tips that can keep you away from making some common mistakes on your tax return.
- Keep business and personal affairs separate (for all you with the side
- Keep good records
- Respect and keep those 1099s (check for any errors on your w-2)
Don't you hate living check to check? What happens if you call in sick one day or sit at home for a snow day, and your check is a couple dollars short? You're wondering about what the next day is going to bring. That sucks. I challenge you to look into different forms of investing. Forget putting dollars under your mattress. Put your money and your savings to work. What if you had put $50 in a CD or a savings account 3 years ago when you got your tax refund, how much do you think you would have now?
- Put a set amount of cash on re loadable gift cards for stores that you frequent
(keeps you from spending cash on what you want instead of what you need)
- Get a budget buddy (someone who can help hold you accountable with finances)
- INVEST - ( 401k, place in equity mutual funds, exchange trade funds, invest)
- Protect heirs (create a living trust)
While writing this piece, my aunt has me watching Dave Ramsey. Think about how different your life could be if you were debt free! Get your check and and it belongs to only you and a house note/rent. Sounds nice huh? We can do it. All we need is a few life changes.
This month I am going to try and make some changes.
- I pay for a gym membership every month, and since I bust my knee in November
ive only been 3 times (shame on me, before i was going HAMM, SEXY BACK NOW)
- Im a recovering shopaholic, when i first moved back to Memphis, i shopped for
fun, & because I could afford it (ummm yea, time out for that)
- Frequent trips to Atlanta on weekends (dont judge me, but Mtown doesn't compare
and I miss my homies, and my life there *another story*) TIME OUT FOR THAT
- IM a social butterfly, so I try to get out and meet new people AS OF NOW IVE
DECIDED NOT TO FOCUS ON YOU'ALL! IM STAYING INSIDE & FOCUSING ON MY NEXT MOVE
- I like purses, big & different style purses. I also get bored with the others
after my new one, I have some nice ones still in good condition. (I may sell
hit me up if your interested)
For my chicks that have to stay fly check out these sites you can "fake it
till you make it, NO ONE WILL KNOW bagborrowsteal.com & renttherunway.com
What small changes are you willing to make? Share, you may help someone else :)